3 cups uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
12 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach
1 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup minced red onion
2 tablespoons chopped capers
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
2. Combine juice, mustard, and garlic in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Gradually add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in salt and pepper
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp to pan; cook for 2 minutes or until done. Stir in spinach, cannellini beans, red onion, and 2 tablespoons capers; toss to combine. Add the pasta and juice mixture to shrimp mixture; toss.
Recipe from www.cookinglight.com
Bake 12-15 min.
3 cups all-purpose flour (or 2 cups reg. flour/1 cup whole wheat flour)
4 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. cream of tartar
3/4 cup butter or margarine
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk (low or non-fat o.k.)
1. In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cream of tartar.
2. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
A food processor works great for this.
3. Add egg and milk, stirring quickly and briefly. Knead lightly on floured board.
4. Roll or pat gently to 1-inch thickness. Cut 1-2 inch biscuits. Place in a greased cast iron skillet or in a square pan.
For crusty biscuits, separate on a cookie sheet.
Makes about 20