May Events in Port Townsend, WA
Rhody Festival this Weekend. May – Celebrate Children’s Art with ART WAVE! A colorful month-long exhibit of student art in the stores in May, Uptown and Downtown. The artwork is created in the Port Townsend School District in grades K-12. Donation jars in the stores help raise more money for art education programs in the Port Townsend schools. Special thanks to all the participating merchants!
May 15-21, Let the Rhody Fun Begin!
• Mon., Rhody Festival Ribbon Cutting & Hand Prints at 4 pm – Fort Worden
• Wed., Trike Race at 6 pm – Water St.
• Thur., Pet Parade at 4:30 – Uptown and the Funtastic Carnival opens at Memorial Field.
• Fri., Kiddies Parade at 3:30 – Uptown, Hair and Beard Contest at 5:30 – Water St., Kiwanis Brats & Brew from 4-8 at the American Legion Hall, Bed Races at 6:30 – Water St., Carnival is ongoing through the evening.
• Sat., Elks Pancake Breakfast, Golf Tournament, Rhody Festival Grand Parade starts at 1 pm with a Cake Picnic to follow and last day of Carnival.
• Sun., Rhody Run XXXIX at 11 am.
May 17, Ride Your Bike to Work Day — ride your bike, stop by The Boiler Room between 7-10 am to join The ReCyclery for free coffee, pastries, and presents.
May 17, Sirens Seafood Bar opens for the season! Appetizers, Soups, Salads, Seafood Bowls, and Drinks…all with a great view! Enter on Taylor Street, behind the Hastings Building…and come check them out at the Taste of Port Townsend, tickets on sale now!
May 25, R2AK Movie Night at the Northwest Maritime Center, from 7-9 pm – $10 general admission. Tickets can be purchased in advance here.
May 27, Port Townsend Farmers Market Artisan Food Festival, 9:30 am – 1:30 pm chef demos, 9 am – 2 pm cheese tasting with Mt. Townsend Creamery, visiting food vendors, get your photo taken in the Flora hat. Artisan Food Festival After Party at Propolis Brewing, 2457 Jefferson St., 5 – 10 pm: live music Abakis and Band as well as Dirty Beat Duo, local and visiting artisan food carts, kids’ activities and more!
May 29, Memorial Day, PT Summer Band Concert at American Legion Post 26.
Main Street Happenings:
Taste of Port Townsend
Tickets on Sale Now at Safeway and Eventbrite
Sample ~ Sip ~ Mingle…It’s going to be delicious!
Join us for an Evening of Local Tastes — Food, Beer, Wine, Cider & Desserts on June 15, 2017, at the NW Maritime Center!
Guests’ Rave Reviews at 2016 event:
“A Perfect Variety of Foods” “Fantastic”
“Loved the Location Under One Roof”
Tasty Samples from:
Taps at The Guardhouse
Sirens Seafood Bar
The OId Whiskey Mill
The Tin Brick
Cable House Beach Canteen
Jane Dough Shortbread
Port Townsend Fudge Co.
The Boiler Room
And Select Sips from:
Eaglemount Wine and Cider
Port Townsend Brewing Company
Sunrise Coffee Company
The Spice and Tea Exchange
$50 Food and Alcohol Tastes
$35 Food Only Tastes
Enter the Tasty Prize drawing at the event–tastes and samples of Port Townsend–value over $200!
Tickets purchased by June 12th get early entry at 5 pm. Tickets sold at the door beginning at 6 pm (space available basis).
This is a 21+ event, please bring your ID.
Event volunteers needed: contact us here: thank you!
Thanks to our Sponsors – SOS Printing, Sysco and Safeway! And thanks to Sparkle!
Fort Worden Happenings!
• Cablehouse Beach Canteen at Fort Worden will open for the season on May 20th! Family-friendly dining on the beach!
• Taps at the Guardhouse Anniversary Party, May 26, from 6-9 pm, Live music by Dirty Beat Duo; specialty cocktails. Happy Anniversary Taps!
• May 29 – Sep. 4 (Wednesdays) Smokehouse BBQ Nights at Cablehouse Beach Canteen from 4-7 pm.
• May 29 – Sep. 4 (Fridays) Smokehouse BBQ Nights at Taps at the Guardhouse from 4-7 pm.
Port Townsend Fudge Co. will reopen at the end of May and come check them out at the Taste of Port Townsend, tickets on sale now!
Have a special event coming up, anniversary or news you would like us to share? SEND US YOUR NEWS AROUND THE BLOCK to firstname.lastname@example.org — Thank you!